Besan or gram flour is made from chickpeas and is highly rich in nutrients and fibre. It’s a great product if you’re trying to go gluten free. Besan chilla is easy to prepare. Check this recipe out if you’re planning to give it a shot.
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 nos Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 nos Tomato (deseeded and chopped )
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, (finely chopped)-
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Chat masala
- 1/4 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Water to make a smooth batter
- Oil for cooking.
- Combine the besan, corn flour, onion, green chillies, tomato, coriander leaves, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, chat masala, coriander powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to make a batter.Now heat a non-stick tawa and pour a ladle of the batter and spread it like a dosa. Pour 1/2 tsp of oil on the sides, and cook on medium flame until the side is golden.
- Now turn it upside down and cook the other side till it turns brown in colour and crispy. Serve hot.