Moong dal dosa is one of the easiest and fastest ways to prepare dosa. Moong dal is light and easy to digest and it’s low in carbohydrates. It’s also a good source of protein. 100 gm of Moong dal can give you a whopping 25 gm of protein. Vegetarians, are you listening?
Ingredients to Make Moong Dal Dosa
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 cup Par boiled rice
- Salt to taste.
- Water as required.
Recipe to Make Moong Dal Dosa
- Wash and soak Moong dal and rice for at least 3 hours and then drain.
- Grind to a fine paste using a little water.
- Cover and allow it to ferment it for at least 8 hours.
- Add the salt and adjust the consistency of the batter by adding water. Mix well.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Place a dosa pan/griddle on the stove and let it heat up. Sprinkle a little water on top. The water should sizzle and evaporate quickly. This is the indication that the pan is ready.
- Using a ladle, pour two ladles of dosa on the pan and spread it quickly into a medium-sized circle. Drizzle little oil around.
- Flip the dosa and let the other side cook.
- Once both sides are crisp, transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve it hot with chutney and sambar.