Sprouted Barley Salad Recipe
Whole grain barley has fast risen to prominence due to the fibre, vitamins and minerals offered by it. Barley is a rich source of manganese, the antioxidant enzyme generator selenium, iron, thiamin, folate, magnesium among other nutrients.
In addition, much has been researchers about beta-glucans provided by barley. Sprouting further increases these nutrients.
- 1 Cup Sprouted barley seeds
- 1 tbsp Onions(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cucumber(chopped)
- 1 tbsp Bell pepper(chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- a few Coriander leaves(chopped)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper powder as needed
Combine all the ingredients except coriander and lemon juice.
Taste. Adjust according to your flavour.
Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.