Healthy and fit people are brimming with energy and strength. They feel top of the world are overwhelmed with joy and happiness.
But even the healthy people sometimes face problems such as stomach ache. There are several reasons behind a stomach ache which are difficult to diagnose at once.
Table of Contents:
- Causes of Stomach Ache
- Viral infection
- Stomach Ulcer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
They feel top of the world are overwhelmed with joy and happiness. But even the healthy people sometimes face problems such as stomach ache. There are several reasons behind a stomach ache which are difficult to diagnose at once.
Some common causes of Stomach Ache
Some of the causes of abdominal pain are as follows:
1. Viral infection (due to Norovirus):
The viral infections due to noroviruses are associated with the viruses which cause the symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain and vomiting and cramps.
These viruses lead to gastroenteritis which is an inflammation of the intestinal tract and stomach. Severe diarrhea and vomiting can lead to dehydration in the body.
The symptoms of dehydration are dizziness, headache, dry mouth, constant stomach pain, less frequent urine and dark color of the urine. Viral infections are the most common type of infections.
Ways to handle it:
Keeping yourself hydrated:
The best thing to deal with a viral infection is to keep yourself well hydrated for avoiding continuous stomach pain. You can have about 250 ml of water every hour for getting rid of the virus from the body.
However, it is always advisable to drink in small sips instead of taking large gulps. You can also have electrolyte for replenishing for the mineral loss.
Take a lot of bland food:
As soon as your body allows you to have solid foods, you can have bland food for making up for the loss of nutrients. Bland foods are easy to digest.
A traditional bland diet constitutes a BRAT diet i.e. Banana Recipe Applesauce Toast and is sure cure for stomach infections.
Enjoy low sugar yogurt:
Yoghurt has healthy bacteria which helps in handling the intestine and stomach upset.
2. Indigestion (or Dyspepsia):
Indigestion or dyspepsia refers to a condition when the person feels stomach ache or discomfort in the stomach just after eating anything.
Sometimes, it may be accompanied with burping, heartburn and the sensation of nausea.
Indigestion occurs commonly in the people and normally one in four persons experience indigestion.
However, in most of the cases there is no serious cause behind it.
Although indigestion gets cured normally, yet, in the extreme conditions a physician might be consulted to find out reasons for stomach pain.
Ways to handle it:
- Chewing slowly: You should never chew fast or talk while eating as it will lead to swallowing of air which can aggravate indigestion for handling stomach ache causes.
- Avoid spicy food.
- Avoiding eating at late hours.
- Try to Avoiding drinking water in between the meals.
- Quitting smoking and drinking.
3. Stomach Ulcer:
A stomach ulcer refers to a sore in the inner lining of the stomach or the first portion of the small intestine (the duodenum). The person feels extreme pain just after meals or when the stomach is empty.
The common symptoms are extreme abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fatigue, nausea and stomach cramps. The disease is relatively uncommon and it takes two to four weeks for treatment.
However, it is suggested to follow the stomach ache remedies.
Ways to handle it:
- Consult a doctor and take the prescribed medicines regularly.
- Avoid eating spicy foods as it might aggravate the problem.
- Try to Avoid tea and coffee
- The Avoid cigarettes and alcohol
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Take sleep of at least 7-9 hours. Maintain a healthy weight by eating healthy food and exercising regularly.
Gallstones refer to the hard deposit of the digestive fluid in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small organ which is pear-shaped and is located on the right side of the abdomen just below the liver.
The symptoms are nausea, stomach ache (on the upper right side), and vomiting and loss appetite. The treatment for gallstones is surgery, but only when the symptoms become unbearable.
Ways to handle gallstone naturally:
- Apple juice: You can drink apple juice for dealing with the gallstones. It has been shown throw that apple juice is effective in softening the gallstone and passing it away.
- Yoga: You can practice yoga for naturally passing away the gallstone. Although yoga has been found to be effective in kidney stone, there is no clinical evidence for it.
- Castor Oil pack: You can try placing warm clothes dipped in castor oil as a pack on your abdomen. It is found to help in treating pain and gallstones, though there is no scientific evidence for it.
- Acupuncture: It has been found that acupuncture also helps in treating gallstones by lowering spasms and. facilitating bile flow
5.Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS):
IBS is a common problem that mainly affecting the large intestine. The symptoms are stomach pain, abdominal cramps, constipation, bloating and diarrhea.
According to medical practitioners IBS mainly occurs when the brain sends wrong messages to the bowel movements.
It is mainly due to high stress or any other physical changes. IBS normally occurs chronically which may continue for years, anyhow, it is not a life-threatening condition and doesn’t cause damage to the bowels or lead to any other kind of serious illness.
Ways to handle it:
Change your dietary habits:
Give up the food items which can worsen IBS such as tea, alcohol, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, some milk products, etc. Instead try fibrous food such as raw vegetables, fruits, etc.
Maintain an active lifestyle:
Indulge in physical activities like exercising, walking, etc. Maintain a target of exercising for 30 minutes for at least 5 days in a week. It has been found through studies that exercising helps in lowering the stress level and helps in contraction of the intestine to normal position.
Consult a doctor and take the necessary medications.
These were the ways for handling the stomach aches. However, you should consult a doctor and take medical advice for diagnosing causes of severe stomach pain. We don’t recommend self-treatment in extreme cases.
But our advice to you is to maintain healthy lifestyles by exercising regularly, eating fresh and natural foods. Of course sugary and processed foods are a strict no, no and no.
For avoiding stomach aches we will also advise to cut down on the caffeine, alcohol, spicy food and carbonated drinks.
You should also avoid eating just before sleeping as it can lead to gas, indigestion, bloating etc. Consult our expert Possible Nutritionist for more. The first Health consultation is on us. Click here to avail.
For finding out more about stomach pain causes, you can visit: