Black Bean Burrito Recipe
Filled with nutrition and packed with a punch, this salivating Black Bean Burrito is a sure shot weeknight meal.
- 1 Medium onion (finely sliced)
- 4 Cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp Minced fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 cups sweet potatoes (cut in 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup green peppers (thinly julienned)
- 1 cup red peppers (thinly julienned)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups black/red beans (soaked and boiled)
- Goat cheese (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Prepared salsa (optional)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (shredded)
Chop onions and garlic and wait for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
Heat 1 tbsp broth in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add garam masala, sweet potatoes and mix well.
Add 1/2 cup broth and cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Add beans making sure they are rinsed and drained well.
Mix, cook for another 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. While the vegetables are cooking, shred lettuce.
Place vegetable mixture on tortilla and top with goat cheese.
Roll and top with salsa and shredded lettuce.
Also see how to Bake your Own Healthy Pizza at Home!