This festival season experience great health at home with Possible. Here are a few easy recipes for you. Each one is carefully selected to keep your family and loved ones healthy and happy.
Some of these mouth-watering treats use Possible superfoods to give an amazingly nutritious, healthy, and tasty festive platter.
1. Beetroot Raita
This recipe uses the Possible Seeds Cocktail to check the nutritional requirements for your family. They are filled with Omega 3 and 6. These seeds include a mix of flaxseeds, muskmelon seeds, watermelon seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and bishop’s seeds. They are filled with micro-nutrients, fibre and Vitamins. A great way to make raita exciting.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serving Size: 2-3 portion
Superfood Used: Possible Seeds Cocktail
|Low fat curd||150 ml|
|Roasted cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Black salt||¼ tsp|
|Green chillies||1 No|
|Mint leaves for garnishing||A few|
|Possible Seeds Cocktail Mix||2 tsp|
- Boil the beetroot for 10 min and get it to room temperature and peel the skin.
- Cut the beetroot in small dices and keep aside. You can even grate the beetroot if you like grated vegetables in raita.
- Finely chop the green chillies.
- Take yoghurt or curd in a bowl and whisk well using a whisker so that no lumps remain.
- Add roasted cumin powder, roasted and ground Seeds Cocktail, black salt and finely chopped green chillies.
- Mix yoghurt and spices well.
- Add beetroot dices in yoghurt and give a gentle mix or grind it. Taste and check the seasoning.
- Beetroot raita is ready to serve. Serve beetroot raita as a side dish for any Indian main course dish.
2. Zarda Brown Rice
This is a sweet dish that you will find in almost every Muslim household. Brown rice is one of the most nutritious foods in the world. It has a low Glycemic Index (GI) which allows it to not spike blood sugar after consumption. This, therefore, leads to a reduced risk of diabetes. It is also rich in dietary fibre which helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Uncooked Brown rice
- Orange food colour
- Vegetable oil
- Heavy cream
- Tablespoon raisins
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped almonds
- Grated orange zest
- Soak rice for about an hour.
- Boil water with food colour and cardamom pods.
- Keeping the heat low, stir in the rice and simmer until tender for 20 minutes.
- Cook more cardamom pods in oil for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and sugar.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream, walnuts, almonds and orange zest to it and serve.
3. Red Rice Poha Sweet
The Possible Red Rice Poha uses Hsasundi Rice. Unlike regular white rice poha, the red rice poha contains bran and fibre. It is also a key ingredient in this dish. Possible Red Rice Poha contains high levels of healthy carbohydrates. Interestingly, red rice poha is high in Iron. Why have regular white rice poha when you can have sweets that carry extra nutrients.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serving size: 2 Nos
|Possible Red Rice Poha||60 g|
|Jaggery powder||2 Tbsp|
|Cardamom powder||¼ tsp|
|Dry coconut powder||1 tbsp|
|Almonds (chopped)||4 nos|
|Walnuts (chopped)||2 nos|
- Wash the poha and Soak well for 30 mins to make it soft & drain.
- Heat ¼ cup water, add the jaggery powder, allow it to melt & bring it to boil till it gets a string consistency.
- Heat a small pan with ghee, add the chopped almonds, walnuts & roast them till it gets a golden colour and take in a bowl.
- Then add raisin and roast well in the ghee and keep aside.
- In the pan, add the drained poha and roast well.
- Add milk and bring to boil on a low flame.
- Add the dry coconut & mix well.
- Add the jaggery syrup & mix well.
- Add Cardamom powder and stir properly such that the contents are well combined.
- Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
- Remove to a serving bowl & serve hot or cold.
4. Protein Pulao
This recipe uses the Possible Roasted Chana. The healthy snack is highly nutritious and packed with protein. It’s non-fried and hence contains almost no oil. The protein, which is great for muscles, is courtesy of the use of Bengal Gram. The Possible Roasted Chana also has Milk Solids which are great for bones. The Possible Roasted Chana is a nutritious addition to your Pulao.
Preparation Time: 30 Min
Cooking Time: 30 Min
Serving Size: 2
|Cooked Brown Rice||1 bowl or raw rice 60 g|
|Boiled Kabuli Chana||50 g|
|Possible Roasted Chana||60 g|
|Green Chillies||2 or 3|
|Ginger and Garlic paste||1tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1 small bunch|
|Few Mint Leaves||to garnish|
|Olive oil||2 tsp|
- Take a Pan, add 2tsp of olive oil.
- Add onion, ginger garlic paste and green chillies saute till onion turns golden.
- Add grated /minced carrots and potatoes into the pan and add little water to cook
- Once cooked, add Boiled Kabuli Chana and Possible Roasted Chana and mix it well.
- Add the cooked brown rice and a little salt and mix it well.
- Garnish it with fresh mint and coriander leaves.
- Ready to Serve.
5. Insta Salad
This refreshing dish uses the Possible Apple Cider Vinegar with Garcinia and Green Coffee. Himalayan Organic Apples are used in this Cider Vinegar. The Garcinia content is highly effective for weight loss and blood sugar levels are benefited from the Green Coffee beans.
Preparation time: 15-20 mins
Servings: 3 nos
|Boiled Corn||20 g|
|Green chilli (Chopped)||1 tsp|
|Possible Apple Cider Vinegar||2 tsp|
|Curry leaves (Chopped)||A few|
|Olive oil||1 tsp|
|Black Salt||to taste|
- In a bowl take chopped onion, cabbage, carrot, beetroot, green chilli and boiled corn.
- Add Possible Apple Cider Vinegar and mix thoroughly. Keep aside for some time.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and curry leaves and it’s ready to serve.
6. Granola Bar Shake
A baked Granola Bar, that’s right. This refreshing shake recipe uses the Possible Granola Apple and Cinnamon bar, which is baked and not fried. Each Granola bar has 6.8g of protein and 4.8g of fibre. Fibre is very good for digestion and Protein helps in the development of muscles. They are extremely nutritious as rolled oats, lemon juice and jowar flakes are the ingredients used to make the granola bars.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Serving: 2 Nos.
|Possible Granola Bar Apple & Cinnamon||2 no.|
|Toned milk||300 ml|
|Almonds (chopped)||4 nos|
|Walnuts (chopped)||2 nos|
- Crush the bar and grind it to a fine powder.
- Cut the dates into small pieces.
- Add milk and blend together.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and walnuts and Serve chilled.
7. Palak Kabab
The Palak Kabab uses the Possible Gluten Free Atta. As the name implies it is completely Gluten Free. Amaranth Grain Flour is used in this Atta. It helps greatly in weight loss. The Possible Gluten Free Atta also contains Zero wheat flour. The best healthy alternative to regular atta is used in this delicious recipe.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serving: 4 nos.
|Palak||1 medium sized bunch (1 bunch weighing 120 grams)|
|Sweet potatoes||200 g|
|Coriander leaves||½ cup|
|Green peas||100 g|
|Possible Gluten Free Atta||3 tbsp (can replace with bread crumbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 ½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Amchur powder||¼ tsp|
|Oil||2 tsp for Shallow frying|
- Boil Sweet potatoes till tender.
- Dry roast chickpea flour till it turns aromatic.
- Blanch the spinach. Drain off completely.
- Saute ginger and garlic paste in oil till the raw smell is gone. Add peas and chillies, stir fry until peas are cooked.
- Saute the spice powders and salt. Cool completely.
- Blend together peas mixture, spinach and coriander leaves to a smooth paste.
- Mash the Sweet potatoes and add the ground paste, Possible Gluten Free Atta, and combine to make a uniform non-sticky dough.
- If the dough turns sticky, then add breadcrumbs to absorb excess moisture.
- Make palm size patties and shallow fry on hot tawa till golden.
- Serve with Beetroot raita or chutney
May each of these dishes bring great health and happiness to you and your family. The recipes are carefully selected keeping in mind the nutritional requirements of a family and Individuals. Lifestyle diseases like diabetes and obesity are amplified with bad eating habits, during festive seasons. Instead of abstaining from tasty food Possible helps you make tasty food that is nutritious. Try these recipes to enjoy the best of taste and nutrition. Healthy and Tasty are Possible.