Does the yellow pumpkin remind you of Halloween decorations as shown in Hollywood movies? Then, it is the time you give this healthy vegetable due credit and a respectful place in the diet.
What better way than honouring it with a tasty pumpkin soup with the crunch of toasted pistachios!
The yellow in pumpkin signifies the presence of beta-carotene, a precursor of the antioxidant vitamin A.
Pumpkin packs in a whole lot of other antioxidants too such as vitamin E and vitamin C. A royal garnish of pistachios add a protein factor.
Ingredients to Make Pumpkin Soup
- 1 cup pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 6 pistachios, shelled, toasted and chopped
- Baked croutons(optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Milk and water as required
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recipe to Make Pumpkin Soup
- Cook the pumpkin chunks in just enough water to cover them.
- Puree the pumpkin in a mixer.
- Add the desired quantity of milk, water, or broth and simmer the soup until done.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with toasted pistachios and croutons that have been dusted with powdered cinnamon.
Flavour tip: Want to add some flavour and spice to this soup? Saute 1 small chopped onion, 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick and some peppercorns in 1 tsp butter. Blend them along with the pumpkin.
Have you come across that dreaded phase in weight loss wherein your body seems to be comfortable in the weight and not losing any of it?
The phase called the weight loss plateau is pretty difficult to break.
But hey, this tasty roasted red pumpkin soup will help you in the process.
Brimming with nutrients, nutritionists at Possible provide a high rating to this one. So are you looking for a soup tonight? Try this red pumpkin soup today.