Now you don’t have to look at wheat cakes in place of regular cakes for a healthier alternative. Here we bring you a recipe that is much healthier than regular wheat cakes – Ragi Mug Cake!
Ragi or finger millet is one of the superfoods that we should eat as often as possible. It is gluten-free and bestowed with complex carbohydrates and other essential amino acids. Its rich fibre content makes it an ideal food for diabetes and weight loss.
This cake is egg-free and has no refined sugar.
Note: You can replace ragi flour with multigrain atta or bajra or jowar or wheat flour
- 2 tsp Ragi flour
- 2 tsp Coconut sugar or Jaggery powder or palm sugar
- 2 tsp Virgin coconut oil or desi ghee
- 2 tsp Organic cocoa powder for color and creamy texture (Optional)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Pumpkin and cranberry seeds of truweight or nuts (for toppings)
- 1 pinch Baking soda or baking powder
- 1 pinch Pink salt or normal salt
Method of Preparation:
- Roast ragi flour in a pan on medium flame. Be careful that it doesn’t get burnt
- Let it cool and transfer it to a mug (which can be put inside cooking vessel)
- Add cocoa powder and a pinch of baking soda, powder, salt.
- Add Jaggery powder and a pinch of cardamom powder
- Add coconut oil and lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients in a mug until the mixture becomes creamy
- Finally add some pumpkin and cranberry seeds of truweight or seeds cocktail or nuts for toppings
- Take a saucepan or kadai or cooker( without whistle and casket) with one tumbler of water
- Place any stand inside your cooking vessel and place your mug on top of the stand.
- When water comes to a boil, reduce the flame to low and close the pan with lid
- Let it cook for 15 to 20 min
- After 15 to 20 min your healthy cake is ready. Enjoy!