Chatpata Makki Ka Chilla Recipe
Chillas are underrated pancakes that could pack in nutrition. Most of the time stuffed with cheese or dipped in oil, this simple pancake (OK, dosa variant) has much more potential.
Guess what, we explored this and trust it, makai chillas are an absolute must-have! This chilla uses antioxidant-rich makai flour with tangy spices to tingle your taste buds.
- 1 cup makki ka atta
- 1 cup water(less 1 tbsp)
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper/red chili
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp lime juice/white vinegar
- Oil to roast the chilla
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Take the makai flour in a bowl for making the batter. Add all the dried spices-salt, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, black pepper/red chili powder and coriander powder and mix properly.
- Now add green chilies, onion, cilantro, ginger and mix again.
- Next add lime juice/white vinegar and water and make the batter of it.
- Now add 1/2 spoon of oil and stir. The batter is ready.
- Heat a flat non-stick tava/or pan. Grease the tava with a little oil. Put a ladleful of batter on the pan and spread it out in round shape.
- When it seems dry, turn it over to the other side with the spatula carefully.
- Delicious and spicy makai ka chilla is ready to serve.