This Dahi Chicken is the perfect treat for all the chicken lovers out there!
This recipe is high in protein and low in fat and carbohydrates. Since it has curd, it is also loaded with probiotics.
This chicken gravy goes well with roti, naan and rice. Check out the recipe below!
Ingredients to make Dahi Chikan
- 1/4 kg Chicken
- 1.5 cup Dahi or Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Gram masala powder
- 1 Green chilly
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 small Tomato chopped
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- Salt as per taste
Steps to make Dahi Chikan
- Mix dahi with cumin powder, garlic paste, garam masala, turmeric powder, and red chili powder
- Mix with hands so it will get mix properly
- Put the chicken into the mixture and add slit green chilli. Keep aside for 30 minutes
- Take a pan and heat the oil and add chopped onion. Cook till light brown and soft
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute. Add the chicken mixture. Keep cooking till the gravy reaches the consistency as preferred. Add salt as per taste. Best to have it dry, then cook it a little bit more till dahi curdles around the chicken
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.. This can be paired with brown rice or with multigrain roti or naan