Broccoli is a well documented healthy vegetable that has many disease-fighting capabilities. Make sure to add this vegetable to your diet on a regular basis. If tired of sautéed or baked broccoli then give broccoli soup a try.
Table of content
Why add broccoli soup to your diet?
When we think about green vegetables to include in our diet, broccoli is one of the foremost veggies to come to our mind. Coming from the cabbage family, broccoli can be categorized as an edible green plant packed with a dozen nutrients.
- Cancer Prevention: Research shows that broccoli is extremely suitable for preventing breast and uterus cancer.
- Cholesterol Reduction: Broccoli is packed with soluble fiber that draws cholesterol out of your body. This is because the fiber in broccoli helps bind with bile acids in the digestive tract. This makes excreting cholesterol out of our body easy.
- Reduces Allergic Reaction and Inflammation: Broccoli contains significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, which are well known as anti-inflammatory.
- Powerful Antioxidant: Broccoli is deeply concentrated with vitamin C, making it great for immunity. Broccoli also contains flavonoids which help recycle vitamin C efficiently. It is also enriched with carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene and other power-packed antioxidants.
- Great for Detoxification: Since broccoli is rich in fiber, it can help get rid of toxins through the digestive tract. Broccoli is also full of antioxidants that help in overall detoxification of the body.
- Skin Care: Since broccoli is a powerhouse of antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin C and minerals such as copper and zinc, broccoli helps in maintaining healthy skin.
- Anti-aging: Broccoli is enriched with vitamin C, which has numerous antioxidant properties, it is great for anti-aging.
Oh So Green Broccoli Soup
Eat this cream of broccoli soup to beat hunger instantly. This comforting soup is not only healthful but also helps to relax your mind and body after a stressful day.
- Fresh Broccoli florets – 2 cups
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and onion.
Cook for five minutes, or until broccoli is tender
2. In a separate bowl, slowly add milk to flour, and mix until well blended.
3. Stir flour mixture into broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until soup is thick and bubbly.
Add cheese if desired; stir until melted. Add seasonings and serve.
For more information on health, nutrition, and fitness, contact our Possible Nutritionist today. The first consultation is on us!