After having talked so much about the most stubborn fat of all, the belly fat and how to reduce belly fat, I am pretty sure that there are still many of us who are struggling to get rid of the stubborn belly fat, which seems to be nice sitting on our belly without any intention of leaving us any soon.
Table of Content
It becomes more surprising… rather frustrating to see absolutely no results coming in even after performing those sit-ups, crunches, and an array of diets!
Ever wondered why?
It simply could be because you have not got into the depths of the causes of belly fat and what gets them to comfortably sit around our bellies while we try to move mountains to get rid of it.
So here in this article, instead of talking about how to reduce belly fat, we will talk about the myths revolving around how to reduce belly fat along with a few lesser-known facts about belly fat.
This, in my opinion, will go a long way in making the journey “how to reduce belly fat” a tad bit easier for you!
Did You Know?
The first reason why losing belly fat becomes a supremely difficult task to achieve is that it is heavily influenced by our hormones.
While it is not the only area which is controlled by your hormones, it is the most sensitive.
So before getting into “how to reduce belly fat”, it is imperative that we know the hormone that controls the belly fat – cortisol, which also is the stress hormone. It is a vital hormone necessary for human survival.
7 Lesser Known Facts About Belly Fat And How To Reduce It
1. No special diet but a healthy diet can reduce belly fat
In the tryst to reduce belly fat, you may have, in all probability tried various types of diets with big promises. And you may have also realized the hard truth that the belly fat is still nicely sitting on your tummy as if nothing happened!
That’s what… no special diet can help you reduce belly fat. In fact, a lot of dieters have been observed to have accumulated additional belly fat with excessive dieting .
Thus it definitely makes all the sense to go for healthy ways of reducing belly fat. We have a simple diet plan that is nothing fancy but still helps in reducing the tummy.
2. Sit-ups Don’t Really Help In Reducing Belly Fat
Sit-ups don’t really in losing stubborn belly fat . Though it may be hard to digest especially for those who had been swearing by sit-ups until now, it remains a fact!
Hold on… but this is not to say that sit-ups should not be performed.
In fact, they work well for the strengthening of muscles! So keep doing your sit-ups without expecting them to miraculously get you rid of belly fat.
There are many other exercises which work quite well to reduce belly fat.
3. Losing A Bit Of Fat Helps You Control Acid Reflux
So in case of a pregnant woman, there is no option actually to get rid of the extra fat…
not to look good but just to get some relief from the killing acid reflux (Who thinks about looks during an acid reflux attack anyway?).
She has to bear the discomfort until the child is born and the pressure released. Similarly, even a little bit of fat reduction, even reducing your belly fat, relieves you from the building acid reflux and all its related discomforts .
4. Sitting – The Main Culprit Behind Belly Fat
So even if you have a desk job where are required to be glued to your chair for 8-9 hours, make it a point to leave the seat every half hour or so and either stretch or take a stroll.
This will help you to fight the existing belly fat and the pounds eagerly waiting to make your body their sweet home.
5. Stress Increases Belly Fat
You may not know that stress is one of the major contributing factors to increased belly fat.
If you not working out, not taking a well-regulated diet low in calories AND are under stress…
we just got the perfect recipe for disaster! Belly fat is going to be your buddy for a long time .
This mainly happens when the hormone cortisol crosses the normal range when you are stressed .
This increase in the cortisol level induces hunger pangs in your brain forcing you to binge eat and there you go… say hello to belly fat!
6. Not Getting Enough Sleep And Water? Belly Fat Wins!
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” is not just a saying but the real mantra of a healthy life.
Getting enough sleep is as important for the body as getting enough oxygen.
Staying up late and then getting up late gets you in a mode of sluggishness where you not only hamper your metabolic rate but also your entire routine and health alike.
Staying up till late also gives rise to midnight hunger pangs and your time and again forgive yourself for that extra cheese pasta or ramen. Talking about the importance of water, it keeps your system flushed and hydrated while you try to lose that belly fat.
So thinking of how to reduce belly fat? Start with getting enough sleep and water. That should be easy and interesting to start though!
7. Walk To Reach Your Slim Waistline Destination
If your work schedule does not permit you to squeeze in vigorous exercises in your daily routine, worry not…
Stress – A Slow Poison! 6 Quick Tips To Reduce Cortisol Levels
- Include spinach in your diet. It has magnesium that helps balance your body’s production of cortisol. It is actually a great idea to include other leafy greens like fenugreek, lettuce, etc. also in your diet.
- Eat more citrus fruits. Studies say that citrus fruits like oranges, lemon and kiwi which are rich in vitamin C, help reduce the production of cortisol.
- Include healthy omega-3 oils in your diet. These are healthy fats which not only inhibit inflammation but also help lower cortisol levels thereby reducing stress and making you lose belly fat.
- Make basil a part of your recipes. This herb does not only taste great but also serves as a healing plant that helps to reduce belly fat and general inflammation in your body along with lowering the cortisol level.
- Higher intake of zinc helps in lowering cholesterol. So start including foods rich in zinc like oysters, beef, cashews, pumpkin seeds, spinach and beans in your diet if you wish to steer clear of stress in your life.
- Now here comes something for chocolate lovers. If you like dark chocolate, you are in for luck because dark chocolates have high levels of antioxidants that help decrease inflammation and slow the secretion of cortisol.
So here was everything we wanted to tell you about belly fat and the small steps that will take you towards a sleek waistline.
So stop thinking about how to reduce belly fat… get up and act! Incorporate these tips and tricks into your daily life and see the difference with your own eyes and also from the eyes of the beholder!
For more such useful information and guidance on health and nutrition, talk to our Possible Nutritionist today! The first consultation is on us. Click here to know more.