Did you know that gut or colon is often called the second brain of the body?
Your gut or colon plays a key role in absorbing nutrients from food and discarding toxins from your body. It contains both good and bad bacteria and the balance between the two is the key to good gut health. A healthy gut is essential for an overall healthy body.
Studies show that fibre-rich food including fruits and vegetables can have a healthy impact on the microbes present in the gut. According to experts, healthy detox soups can be your gut’s best friend.
Detox Soup Recipes for Gut Health
Check out these healthy detox soup recipes that will boost your gut health and flush out toxins:
1. Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomatoes have high fibre and low GI content and are an excellent source of prebiotics that promote the growth of good bacteria in your gut. Apart from tomatoes, this simple soup is loaded with other gut-friendly veggies like broccoli, mushroom, zucchini, etc. All of this makes this a great detoxifying soup as they are rich in antioxidants, and phytonutrients to keep your gut healthy and happy.
Ingredients to Make Gut Friendly Tomato Soup
- Possible’s Tomato Soup Powder
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Broccoli – 50g
- Mushroom – 50g
- Capsicum – 30g
- Carrot – 30g
- Zucchini – 30g
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
- Garlic and ginger (as required)
How to Make Gut Friendly Detox Tomato Soup
- Take a saucepan, add sufficient water and Possible’s Tomato Soup Powder and cook for 1 minute and set the mixture aside. Do not boil.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped capsicum, carrots, mushroom, and zucchini and saute for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Do not overcook.
- Now add the sauteed veggies to the soup mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally, add garlic and ginger seasoning and boil for 3 minutes.
2. Mushroom Lentil Soup
Mushroom has strong detoxifying properties. With its antioxidant and glutathione content, it helps in keeping your gut clean. Lentils, on the other hand, are high in fibre and protein and help in the growth of good gut bacteria. Cook up this easy detox soup to soothe your tummy.
Ingredients to Make Gut Friendly Mushroom Lentil Soup
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped celery – 2 stalks
- Chopped carrot – 1
- Chopped bell pepper – 1
- Mince garlic – 2 cloves
- Green lentils – 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped spinach
- Water as required
How to Make Mushroom Lentil Soup for Gut Health
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion, celery, carrot, and bell pepper and saute well.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, and lentils to it.
- Add salt and pepper
- Add water as required and boil for about 30 minutes until the lentils are cooked
- Add spinach and coriander and cook for another 5 minutes then serve hot.
3. Bottle Gourd Soup
Bottle Gourd is the go-to vegetable for gut issues. High in water and fibre content, bottle gourd leaves a soothing effect on your colon and helps in flushing out toxins from your body. Have this quick and easy bottle gourd soup to cleanse your gut and keep it healthy.
Ingredients to Make Gut Friendly Bottle Gourd Detox Soup
- Bottle gourd chopped – 500g
- Cumin seeds – 1tbs
- Olive oil – 1 ½ tbs
- Black peppercorn – 1tbs
- Water – 300ml
- Lemon – ½
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Bottle Gourd Detox Soup for Gut Health
- Boil chopped bottle gourd (with skin) for 10 mins. Add some salt into the water
- Strain the water and keep it for later use
- Blend the boiled bottle gourd along with some salt and black peppercorns into a thick paste
- Heat 1tbs olive oil in a pan (it’s always better to add olive oil as a topping because of its low boiling point its bonds can be disturbed while heating)
- Add cumin seeds and black peppercorn to the heated oil and saute for 1 minute
- Add the boiled gourd paste to the pan
- Add the previously kept strained water into the pan and stir well
- Add salt and black pepper powder to taste
- Add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and stir for a few minutes and the soup is ready!
- Add a few drops of olive oil and sprinkle a spoon of seeds or nuts powder on it which will contribute to zinc for immunity.
4. Clear Vegetable Soup
Having clear vegetable soup is a great way to detoxify your body. The fibre in vegetable broth helps to flush toxins out of your gut. The vitamins and minerals from the vegetables help in improving your immune system as well. Try this nourishing and healthy soup to soothe your gut.
Ingredients to Make Gut Friendly Clear Vegetable Detox Soup
- Wood pressed sesame oil – 2tsp
- Chopped Carrot – 2
- Green peas – 30 g
- Chopped Cabbage – 30g
- Chopped Red bell pepper
- Chopped Capsicum
- Grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Green chilli – 1
- Chopped coriander – 2 tbsp
- Water 3-4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
How to Make Clear Vegetable Detox Soup for Gut Health
- Heat sesame oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic cloves to it and saute till they’re light brown
- Add chopped green chilli, and grated ginger and saute for 1 minute
- Added green peas and other chopped vegetables. Mix and saute for 1 minute.
- Add salt and water. Stir well and bring it to a boil
- Sprinkle black pepper on top.
- Lid the pan and let the vegetables cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Once they’re done, sprinkle chopped coriander on top and serve hot.
5. Green Broccoli Soup
Studies have shown that broccoli reduces gut inflammation and also improves immunity. Rich in antioxidants it is good for regulating bowel function. This recipe is an amazing detoxifying soup and is a must-have for maintaining good gut health.
Ingredients to Make Gut Friendly Broccoli Detox Soup
- Fresh Broccoli florets – 2 cups
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Broccoli Detox Soup for Gut Health
- Bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and onion. Cook for five minutes, or until broccoli is tender
- In a separate bowl, slowly add milk to flour, and mix until well blended.
- Stir flour mixture into broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until the soup is thick and bubbly.
- Add cheese if desired; stir until melted. Add seasonings and serve.
Your body needs a break from the chain of consuming processed and ultra-processed food. These foods cause perpetual gut inflammation. A detox diet consisting of healthy detox soups is designed to give your body the much-needed time to cleanse and heal. Try the above recipes for yummy and nutritious detox soups and cleanse, soothe, and heal your body.