Protein is present in every human cell. An amino acid chain makes up the fundamental building block of proteins. For your body to repair damaged cells and create new ones, you need protein in your diet. Children, teenagers, and expectant women need protein for healthy growth and development.
While it might be a well-known fact that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”, many of us neglect to have breakfast due to uncertain reasons but most common one being “I don’t have time” or “I’m just too lazy to make breakfast” or “I’m trying to lose weight”.
But did you know? According to some studies, routinely consuming a nutritious breakfast may aid in weight reduction and maintenance.
Possible has you covered, here’s a comprehensive list of easy high-protein breakfast recipes that you can implement into your diet for weight loss
This wholesome and easy morning breakfast for weight loss wrap is a delicious source of protein and is sure to become your on-the-go favourite. You can also add your favourite veggies to make it even more nutritious.
- 1 large Tortilla
- 2 strips of Bacon (or one sliced sausage)
- 1 Egg
- ½ Avocado
- ½ cup Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Lightly pan fry the tortilla until lightly golden;
- Scramble one egg and add the spices to your taste;
- Chop and saute some vegetables of your choice.
- Smash the avocado with a fork until it reaches a guacamole consistency.
- Fry the bacon to your liking or fry the sausages and slice
- Spread out the pre-prepared ingredients (egg, avocado, bacon/sausage) on the tortilla
- Roll the tortilla into a wrap and consume hot!
Crunchy Scrambled Eggs
This delicious breakfast option is a mix of multiple textures that will make your mouth feel like heaven making it one of the best breakfasts for weight loss!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs seed cocktail
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Chopped capsicum
- Chopped beans
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley leaves/cheese(optional)
- Chop the cherry tomatoes to your desired size.
- Scramble your eggs on low flame while adding spices and the chopped cherry tomatoes, capsicum and beans.
- Switch off the flame and add the seeds cocktail and mix gently.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with parsley leaves or cheese and consume hot.
This simple yet nutritious breakfast recipe is sure to leave you wanting more. The best part about this dish is that it can be consumed as a dessert too!
- 2 cups plain or vanilla yoghurt
- 1 cup muesli
- 8 blackberries or berries of your choice.
- In a large glass, layer 1 cup yoghurt, 1/2 cup muesli and 4 blackberries or berries of your choice.
- Repeat the layer.
- Serve cold.
Try Possible’s Crunchy Diet Muesli – High fibre, protein, minerals & low sugar & fat.
Air Fried Brown Bread Rolls
While it may sound unhealthy, it is quite the opposite. It is a go-to option for a healthy breakfast to lose weight.
- 6-8 slices of brown bread
- 2 medium Boiled and peeled potatoes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil to cook the potato and pea filling
- Black pepper to taste
To Make Potato and Pea Stuffing:
- Bring together all the ingredients.
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute until they turn pink.
- To this, add boiled peas and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the spices.
- Now add the boiled potatoes and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add black pepper to taste.
How To Stuff The Brown Bread:
- Take water in a bowl.
- Dip the brown bread in water and squeeze out all the water and slightly flatten the bread.
- Keep the potato and pea stuffing in between the flattened brown bread.
- Once you have placed the potato and pea mixture into the bread, start rolling the bread so that the stuffing is completely covered and inside the bread.
- Now place the brown bread rolls in the air fryer and fry them.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Love brown bread recipes?
You should try: 4 Healthy Snacks Recipes with Brown Bread to Lookout For!
Every home cook needs a reliable foundational recipe for avocado toast to provide a quick, wholesome, and filling breakfast or snack.
- 1 slice of bread (thick-sliced whole-grain bread would be recommended)
- ½ ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt
- Any of the extra toppings like oregano and chilli flakes (optional)
- Toast your slice of bread until golden and firm.
- Remove the pit from your avocado. Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork until it’s as smooth as you like it. Mix in a pinch of salt and add more to taste, if desired.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast. Enjoy as-is or top with any extra toppings.
Cottage Cheese Parathas
A very well-liked North Indian breakfast dish called paneer paratha is one of the breakfasts for losing weight.
- Prepare the wheat dough and keep it aside. In a separate bowl, mix all the other ingredients to prepare the stuffing for the paranthas. Now take a portion of the dough to make a thick chapatti.
- Grease it with a few drops of oil. Now place a portion (2 tablespoons) of the stuffing in the middle of the chapatti.
- Fold the chapatti from all sides and pull it together in the centre like a pouch. Pinch the dough together to bind and set it like a ball.
- Dust it with dry flour and using a rolling pin start flattening your parantha to a size little smaller than a quarter plate. Now pour a tablespoon of oil into a hot flat pan and cook the parantha on it.
- Make sure to flip on both sides for even cooking. Take it off when golden brown on both sides and your mouth-watering weight loss breakfast is ready.
Also read: 4 Healthy Weight Loss Breakfast Recipes
Hard-Boiled Eggs and Quinoa
The vegetables and protein-rich eggs help make this salad a complete, healthy meal!
- 175g quinoa
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 6 large eggs
- 175g broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Half a lemon, zest and juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve and place it in a medium pan. Pour over the stock and bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Drain any liquid from the quinoa then return to the pan and leave it covered in the pan for 5 minutes – this will make for fluffy grains.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium pan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then boil for 7 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat, drain and rinse in cold water. Tap the shells all over, then peel them away and discard. Rinse the eggs then cut each into quarters.
- Bring a medium pan of water to a boil, add the broccoli florets and cook for 3 minutes, drain and rinse until cold in running water. Drain.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a small pan, until they start popping. Empty them into a serving bowl, add the quinoa, broccoli, spring onions, tomatoes, parsley, oil, and lemon and mix well. Season to taste. Then gently stir through the hard-boiled eggs.
- Serve warm in a bowl.
Not sure where to buy quinoa from?
Check out Possible’s White Quinoa Raw
Always remember, it’s best to have breakfast instead of skipping it because a simple meal can keep you energised throughout the day.
Let us know which Protein-rich breakfast you’re excited to try in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I eat breakfast to lose weight?
A. Yes, Eating breakfast is a major meal and is essential for maintaining your weight or sometimes, even losing some.
Q. What are some weight loss tips?
A. Here are some weight loss tips:
- Do not skip breakfast
- Eat regular meals
- Drink plenty of water
- Consume fibre
- Avoid refined flour, sugar, and fatty foods
- Add 50% veggies in your major meals
- Do some physical activity
Q. Are eggs a good source of protein?
A. Yes, eggs are excellent sources of protein that can be added to your everyday diet!